The tangy coconut lime dressing in this cool and colorful Thai rice noodle salad goes hand in hand with naturally sweet mango and red bell pepper.
- 2 oz brown rice maifun noodles, aka brown rice vermi- celli
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 tsp safflower oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 mango, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced into 2-inch lengths
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced into 2-inch lengths
- 1/2 small English cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced into 2-inch lengths
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped raw unsalted cashews (toasted, if desired)
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside to dry.
- Prepare dressing: In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine coconut milk, lime juice, oil and salt; seal and shake well to combine. Divide among 2 small watertight storage containers.
- In 2 large storage containers, divide half each of noodles, mango, bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, jalapeño, cilantro and cashews.
- To serve, shake dressing well and top salad with dressing, then toss to coat.