Our goal is to help you conceive and encourage healthy, thriving parents that can create a vibrant and healthy child. Just as a gardener enriches the soil before planting a seed, we believe in investing in your health and body prior to conception.
Since it takes about 90 days for new sperm production, it is ideal to dedicate 3 months to taking good care of yourself to ensure the best possible sperm are used for conception.
- Each fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats and whole grains
- Buy organic and local when possible
- Avoid sugar
- Avoid soy
- Avoid processed and packaged food
- Avoid coffee
- Coffee is linked to poor motility
- Avoid alcohol
- Alcohol contributes to poor quality sperm, poor sperm count, poor motility, and liver problems.
- Drink plenty of water
- Do not overheat the testicles
- Avoid putting your mobile phone in your front pockets
- Avoid working with your laptop directly on your lap
- Avoid wearing tight underwear
- Avoid hot tubs
- Avoid extreme biking
- Keep body weight in normal range
- Fat cells convert androgens to estrogens, which can interfere with male hormonal balance. Very low weight impeded sperm production.
- Avoid smoking
- Sperm count of smokers is about half that of non-smokers. A pack a day is linked to poorly formed sperm tails.
- Avoid marijuana
- Marijuana used is linked to poor sperm motility and poor sperm production. It has shown to lower the level of androgens that a man can produce and raise estrogen blood levels.
- Avoid anabolic steroids
- In addition to short-term problems with fertility, anabolic steroids can sometimes cause permanent sterility.
- No toxic chemical exposure
- Environmental toxins linked globally to a 40% reduction of sperm count in the last 50 years. Includes pesticides, heavy metals, paints, and solvents.
- Ejaculate at least once a month
- Less frequent ejaculations make more viscous fluid and slow down the sperm.
- Ejaculate every other day from day 8-14 of a woman’s 28-day cycle.
- Use a fertility friendly lubricant such as Pre-Seed or Conceive Plus
- Moderate exercise
- Both excessive and deficient exercise interferes with hormonal function.
- Get 8 hours of sleep, nap if needed
- Minimize stress
- Yoga, meditation, and acupuncture can help with this
Men should be taking a daily fertility multivitamin, along with Vitamin D3, Omega-3 fatty acids, and Co-Q10.
Additional supplements as needed:
Antioxidants to help buffer environmental toxicity and improve sperm morphology
- Vitamin C: 2,000 milligrams per day (in divided doses)
- Vitamin E: 800 IUs per day
- Beta-carotene: 100,000 IUs per day
- Selenium: 200 micrograms per day
- Zinc: 60 milligrams per day (for sperm production and testosterone metabolism)
- Vitamin B12: 1,000 milligrams per day (involved in the replication of cells)
- L-Arginine: 2,000-4,000 milligrams per day (helps promote cellular replication)
- L-Carnitine: 1,000 to 1,200 milligrams per day (assists sperm motility
Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Jade Treasure Cool: for low sperm count, low number of normal shape sperm, poor motility or high DNA fragmentation with signs of heat.
- Jade Treasure Clear: for anti-sperm antibodies or a varicocele, or history of testicular trauma (including surgery and biopsies)
- Jade Treasure Support: for poor sperm motility or morphology or low sperm counts with possible low testosterone levels, lethargy, sensitivity to cold, low libido or ED.