- Eat foods rich in whole grains
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Eggs fortified with DHA
- Avoid trans fats
- Trans fats increase insulin resistance, which makes it harder for glucose to move into the cells. High insulin levels cause metabolic disturbances that can affect ovulation.
- Limit caffeine and alcohol intake
- Whole Milk (or other full-fat dairy foods)
- Fertility Zone BMI: 18.5 to 24
- Being too thin or overweight can affect fertility and your baby’s health. This is because estrogen production from fat cells can affect the ovaries and prevent eggs from being released every month.
- A light 30 to 60 minutes of moving daily will help with weight management and increase chances of pregnancy.
- Yoga, Pilates
- Yoga and pilates are two ways that a woman can exercise without it being too strenuous to her body. It’s a good balance of movement, breathing, and relaxation. Yoga calms down the body and supports the growth of ovarian follicles and uterine lining. It enhances implantation and encourages detoxification as well.
- Calm and relax
- If your body is too physically stressed out, it may react as a stress filled body is not a safe place to raise a newborn. Stress also triggers cortisol, which actually knocks out other hormones out of balance.
- Acupuncture increases rates of conception among women by improving the thickness of the uterine lining, stimulating ovulation, and improving egg quality.
- It increases production of blood and energy and helps remove blockages that are preventing the smooth distribution of nutrients throughout the body.
- Acupuncture helps reduce stress. Stress is a major cause of aging in the body.