- 2 collard leaves
- 1/4 cup hummus, divided
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa, divided
- Veggies for topping (cucumber, carrot, tomato)
- Rinse and dry your collard leaves.
- Chop off the large stem at the bottom and shave off the thicker part that goes up into the leaf. This is so it will be easier to wrap.
- If the collard leaf is too bitter, quickly blanch the leaves in boiling water before wrapping. Drop it in a pot of boiling water for 10-15 seconds and then transfer to an ice bath to let cool.
- Lay the collard leaf down stem side up. Spread two tablespoons of hummus in the center of each leaf, top with 2 tablespoons of quinoa and desired vegetables.
- To wrap, turn the collard so the stem and hummus-veggie pile is perpendicular to your body.
- Fold in the sides, fold the side closest to you over the veggies, and keep rolling until everything is nice and snug.
- Slice in half on the diagonal, and secure with toothpicks if needed.
- Enjoy 🙂