- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 2 1/2 tbsp jerk seasoning blend
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple packed in natural juices
- 1 chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp reserved pineapple juice
- salt & pepper
- Rinse the quinoa well under cold running water, and then combine with the chicken broth in a pot.
- Bring to a boil, then place a lid on top. Turn heat to low, and simmer until broth has been absorbed and quinoa is cooked.
- Spread the quinoa out onto a big plate to cool.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and place into large bowl.
- Add olive oil and jerk seasoning blend, then toss to coat. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, spray with non-stick spray, then cook shrimp for 1-2 minutes a side or until cooked all the way through.
- Set the shrimp aside for now.
- Combine the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and pineapple juice in a jar or bowl. Shake or whisk to combine.
- Place the chopped fruit, green onions, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Then, add cooled quinoa and dressing.
- Stir well, and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Spoon quinoa onto plates and top with cooked shrimp.
- Enjoy 🙂