- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 sticks cinnamon, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cans garbanzo beans
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry onions until tender.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, salt, cayenne, and turmeric.
- Cook for 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Mix in garbanzo beans and liquid.
- Continue to cook and stir until all ingredients are well blended and heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cilantro just before serving.
- Enjoy 🙂