- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced peeled ginger root
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into thin strips)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Add rice, salt, and water to a pot, stir once, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cover. Allow to cook for 40 minutes, untouched, or until tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate rice until cold (Best if done overnight).
- Add olive oil to a large nonstick skillet or wok. Over medium heat, add chickens, onions, bell pepper, and ginger, and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until onions are translucent and chicken is mostly cooked through.
- Add cooked rice and water and increase heat to medium high.
- Push rice to one side and add beaten eggs to other side.
- Scramble quickly, and then toss in with rice mixture.
- Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Remove from heat.
- Enjoy 🙂