- Four 5-oz center cut salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 6 cups kale, ribs removed, leaves (very thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1 honeycrisp apple
- 1/4 cup finely grated pecorino
- 3 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring the salmon to room temperature 10 minutes before cooking.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Add the kale, toss and let stand for 10 minutes.
- While you’re waiting for that to stand, cut the dates into thin slivers and the apple into matchsticks. Add the dates, apples, cheese, and almonds to the kale. Season with pepper, toss, and set aside.
- Sprinkle the salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper. Heat the remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- When you’re placing the salmon, skin-side up, raise the heat to medium high. Cook until golden brown on one side, which should take about 4 minutes. Turn the fish over, and cook until it feels firm.
- Divide the salmon and salad evenly among four plates.
- Enjoy 🙂