- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup drained, rinsed canned black beans (low sodium)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- 4 10-inch Brown Rice tortillas
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 large tomato (4 oz) seeded and diced
- 1 small avocado (4 oz) cubed
- Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onions and peppers until onions are softened and peppers are slightly charred.
- Add black beans and red pepper flakes and cook until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a dish.
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites. Stir in the cheese. Spray skilled with cooking spray, and reheat skillet over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add eggs, scrambling until cooked through.
- Spread each tortilla with salsa, then layer with 1/4 of black bean mixture, 1/4 of scrambled eggs, some diced tomato, and 1/4 avocado.
- Roll up burrito style and serve.
- Enjoy 🙂