Ideally, begin acupuncture treatments 3 months prior to scheduled IVF procedure.
Prior to egg Retrieval
- Receive acupuncture to stimulate blood flow to the uterus and ovaries, regulate hormones, and promote healthy egg maturation.
- Eat a clean and simple diet. Avoid processed foods, sugar, and alcohol. Enjoy lean meats, vegetables, fruits, and wholesome grains.
- Eat organic.
- Avoid toxic chemicals. Use organic cleaning supplies. Analyze your make-up, lotions, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, and other personal hygiene products. Avoid anything with harsh chemicals.
- Get regular exercise.
- Engage in stress management activities such as meditation, yoga, journal writing, and spending time with caring people.
Post egg Retrieval
- Get a massage or acupuncture to help you relax and get the blood circulation going. Implantation requires good blood circulation.
Prior to embryo Transfer
- Wear comfortable clothes on transfer day. Loose fitting pants, warm socks, and slip on shoes are recommended.
- Come in the morning of your transfer for an acupuncture treatment. This treatment relaxes the uterus and promotes blood circulation to create a hospitable environment for the embryo.
Post embryo Transfer
- After the transfer come back for a post-transfer acupuncture treatment. This treatment focuses on relaxing the body and guiding your blood and energy to the reproductive organs.
- Take it easy and laugh a lot.
- Gently move around, walk, but avoid strenuous exercise or running.
- Have nutritious and easy meals prepared ahead of time.
- NO ICE water or COLD food or drinks. No raw veggies. Cold in the belly decreases circulation. Eat warm, cooked foods.
- Always keep your feet warm, wear socks, avoid being barefoot on cold ground.
- Imagine the embryo implanting. Visualize it, see it, believe it. Your body hears all your thoughts, keep your thoughts positive and encouraging. Let the embryo know you will be good a good parent.
- Receive acupuncture treatment around Day 3 and Day 8 after the transfer.